Sancta Maria Convent

Sancta Maria Convent
Sancta Maria Convent

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Focus Conference- SEEK 2013

Not if Christmas and New
Years were not busy enough but throw in a trip to Orlando... yes you read that right Orlando, FL. Sr. Mary Michael and I went on a trip (for vocation stuff) to Orlando. The Conference was for College students all around the country. They had wonderful talks, activities, and a Matt Maher concert (not we did not go... it was too late... Sisters need sleep.)

6,000 college students were at an OPTIONAL Daily Mass every morning where thy used traditional Mass music- including some Latin. All of the talks were wonderful. Most of the focused on topics concerning Theology of the Body (T.O.B.) Jason Everett spoke and did a wonderful presentation on "How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing your Soul." All the talks can be found online at their website (FOCUS.) Sister Mary Michael and I met lots of wonderful young women who are  beginning to ask the questions "What does God want me to do?" This is such an amazing thing.

God had a few surprises up his sleeve- but doesn't he always. I ran into some of my friends. Our table was set up right next to the Archdiocese of Atlanta Vocation Table. I get to talk and catch up with my favorite 6"5'  seminarian, Brian. We wer eboth part of Campus Catholics and graduated together. We entered our formation processes the same year so hopefully, he will be getting ordained around the same time I will be making final vows. How cool! I also briefly ran into Maylisa, another friend from Campus Catholics. I also got to catch up with one of my favorite college core Team Leaders, Mary! It was so great to see a familiar face! I also got to see Dyna who is "Pre-Candidate" with Mary, Mother of the Church, located in Spokane Washington. All of these wonderful surprises made me increasingly happy.

But the highlight of our trip was getting to see some of my family. As most people know, I mostly grew up in the suburbs of Orlando and some of my family still lives there. I got to spend Sunday afternoon with my mom who drove 8 hours to see me, and my grandmother who lives there. They got to meet Sr. Mary Michael and got the opportunity to get to know her some. They loved her! I think it calmed some fears and realized that Sisters are just normal folks! ;) I wish I could have had more time with them and the rest of my family, but time was limited because the next morning we were off to Fort Lauderdale to visit a community friend.

But before we go there I just want to mention the amazing couple we stayed with- Lance and Nicole. They are such a beautiful Catholic couple who have 20+ "spiritual children" whom they love and pray for daily. Please pray for them.

Now off we go to South Florida! We stayed with another couple who are also very sweet and completely spoiled up. We traveled to Ave Maria University which was beautiful and VERY Catholic! If you are looking for a good Catholic School then check out Ave. After a day at Ave we were off again but this time back home. Whew... what a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment